Bauer Financial recommends 11 Gulf Coast banks, while 12 others struggle.
Eleven banks headquartered within the Business Review's coverage area received four- or five-star ratings from Bauer Financial in its latest published evaluation, while 12 received zero stars.
The only Gulf Coast bank to receive a five-star rating was Finemark National Bank & Trust, headquartered in Fort Myers.
Banks receiving four-star ratings included:
• Edison National Bank (based in Fort Myers)
• First America Bank (Bradenton)
• Florida Gulf Bank (Fort Myers)
• Florida Shores Bank - Southwest (Venice)
• Gateway Bank of Southwest Florida (Sarasota)
• Members Trust Company (Tampa)
• Northstar Bank (Tampa)
• TCM Bank N.A. (Tampa)
• USAmeriBank (Largo)
• Valrico State Bank (Valrico)
Banks that received zero-star ratings are likely struggling to stay in business. Gulf Coast banks receiving zero-star ratings included:
• Bank of Commerce (Sarasota)
• First Commercial Bank of Tampa Bay (Tampa)
• First Community Bank of Southwest Florida (Fort Myers)
• Horizon Bank (Bradenton)
• Landmark Bank of Florida (Sarasota)
• Old Harbor Bank (Clearwater)
• Progress Bank of Florida (Tampa)
• Royal Palm Bank of Florida (Naples)
• Southern Commerce Bank N.A. (Tampa)
• Southshore Community Bank (Apollo Beach)
• Superior Bank (Tampa)
• TIB Bank (Naples)
The Business Review's special Banking issue will be available to readers tomorrow.